Which is more important?
Of course all of us want to excel in every aspect such as studies, being the teacher's favorite pet, sports etc.. But when we are old and we're sitting on the old rocking chair, pondering about life, what would you want to be then?
By then, beauty and fame wouldn't mean much. Beneath the wrinkled, covered in old-spots skin, I would want to have wisdom, have a meaningful life and a great pool of family. Being great at school would mean much by then.
Why would study mean so much to me now? If I didn't want to become a veterinarian, I wouldn't have to study so hard. I DON'T need to. But it will matter now, because I want to be a veterinarian, because I have goals to achieve, because I want to make a change.
I would care about sport now. I have no yearning towards that part. But I do have to earn some hearts from teachers. I want to be the head librarian. But it wouldn't need much effort, I usually respect them by nature(of me).
By the end of my life, I would want to have been a good parent. I would love to have children, that's why I'm scare that I can never get married. I would want to have a few people whose life I've made a difference. I would want to be a old lady that people can talk to and ask advise from.
The most important thing for me is mental development, not academically, it's values.
Ponder, ponder and ponder.
Comments