My last ILTMCamp as an Interactor - Part 2


(Continue from last post)

Anyway, lets have a run through of the camp, shall we? 

First of all, we gather at VI so damn early in the morning. Then head for PD. We then stopped by a beach called Pasir Panjang for gotong royong. Then later found out that our camp site is actually just two buildings apart from the beach. So we settled down in our dorm, have some lunch, settle with the bed sheets then went for jungly tracking. We tracked for 2 hours plus, but it only felt like 30 minutes! Great exercise! Oh ya, we met two girls from SMK Subang Utama. They weren't under Pudu Rotary, but because one of the girl's father was the chairman of god knows what post, so she, Maryam came along, with her friends, Dahlia. They are form 3s but honestly they look like form 5. 

Then we had a talk in the hall about something go green. Won a cap by shouting "oil spill" when others still can't figure out the picture. Oh, this is before the jungle tracking. We went jungle tracking after this talk and a tea break. After jungle tracking, bath then dinner. Dinner was ok for me 'cause I'm a old timer, the new kids can't accept the cooking. Then later at night, we got activities in the hall. The Resource Interactors ( including me) we suppose to have some games for the interactors. I was pretty pissed of during the discussion. Because the others "resource interactors" already knew each other from ICC, so it's pretty hard for me to join in the conversation, some more Teo Gi kept pushing me out of the circle, obviously excluding me. ( I don't care if Teo Gi read this, you made me mad anyway) Anyway, finally I make sense of their conversation that they are going to play passing information by acting and invisible chair. Then in the hall I finally get to have chance to voice my opinion. 

After that, we sang some song and went back to dorm. Change into pajamas and sit on the corridors, eating cup noodles and enjoying the cool air. Then after a few games and get tired, finally went to bed with a body full of un-dry-able sweat. 

Next day, woke up in the morning earlier than my alarm clock, wash up, change into my uniform, had a few "what the hell is her post in school" face in the canteen, had my breakfast and went into the hall for something official. Then afternoon, we split into groups and play some race. My group suck so badly that the rotactors went back to their dorm and have KFC before we finish our race. Then the Interact Got Talent. We were so happy and proud of our dear Wing See, we chanted "DANCE LIKE A BOSS" when she went up stage to get her prize. Some Confucian kids saw "something dirty" and were scared, made a scene, so the rotarians decided to play 30 minutes of music for us little youngsters to dance to and get us to bed earlier. For the first time of my life, I did dance, and I'm pretty sure I made quite a fool of myself, but who cares? Life's too short not to do stupid but fun stuff ( I don't mean drugs or something bad). 

Anyway, we still didn't went to bed early. We talked, stalked, prank-called and watch Kuen Cheng kids and some St. John guys play some new games which is very fun to watch. Something tongkat-tongkat then pom chi chi pom chi, then do ki do ki do ki do ki. Ok, it doesn't make any sense, I know. Then they got a punishment where they have to dance to a banana song while doing "peel banana", "shake banana", "cut banana" and "fry banana". It was funny. Ok, this is awkward. Trying to explain a game through blog. 

The last morning. Had breakfast, then pack our bags, took some photos and left camp site. Then we went to an old folks home in Lukut. Talked to two old people there. One of them stayed there for about 30 years. It's somehow sad to hear what they say, but sometimes it's just how things work. We can't really change people's life. They change their life. There's nothing really that I can do for them. I think I actually make them feel worst by asking their sad things in life. Then we went back to VI. That all. 

Comments

Popular Posts