2 week mark of Interning (Again)
I think this is really the furthest and longest I've ever been away from home. I'm currently in Sandakan, Sabah doing my internship with Bornean Sun Bear Conservation Center (BSBCC). So far I'm loving it. Well, of course, knowing that I'm a dog person, I can't possibly understand and read the bears and know the bears like how I can with dogs, but I'm still learning. I love the people over here, they are fun and capable and accepting.
It is physical work and much more demanding than my work back in SPCA, but I feel comfortable doing all these. Perhaps this is what our body really needs, work and travel. It seems just so natural to do whatever it is to reduce the work in the city, like taking the lift instead of stairs or driving that 100m instead of walking, simply because there's a choice not to. But it really isn't that much more tiring to walk, lift, carry, drag, eventually your body will get used to the work. And I sorta felt as if working and moving more makes me feel more energetic and happier. And also because I'm working means less time on social media = happier.
But of course, now that it's going into my 3rd week here, I'm starting to miss home. Probably not so much the air conditioning because the cold air at night is as though the air con at home at 16 degree. But yeah, I do miss having the luxury of having my own car, buying whatever I want and accustomed to, missing seeing people who are important to me. But I don't miss the buzz of people in the city, the jam, the stress, the up-tightness of people back at my hometown. I could almost see myself wanting to stay here.
It is physical work and much more demanding than my work back in SPCA, but I feel comfortable doing all these. Perhaps this is what our body really needs, work and travel. It seems just so natural to do whatever it is to reduce the work in the city, like taking the lift instead of stairs or driving that 100m instead of walking, simply because there's a choice not to. But it really isn't that much more tiring to walk, lift, carry, drag, eventually your body will get used to the work. And I sorta felt as if working and moving more makes me feel more energetic and happier. And also because I'm working means less time on social media = happier.
But of course, now that it's going into my 3rd week here, I'm starting to miss home. Probably not so much the air conditioning because the cold air at night is as though the air con at home at 16 degree. But yeah, I do miss having the luxury of having my own car, buying whatever I want and accustomed to, missing seeing people who are important to me. But I don't miss the buzz of people in the city, the jam, the stress, the up-tightness of people back at my hometown. I could almost see myself wanting to stay here.
Comments