It's another year! Happy 2019!
It is now 1st of January 2019. I can't believe it's already another year. But at the same time, so much had happened last year that I can't comprehend how much can actually happen within a year. Now since that my video is now rendering and I am about to post a new video on my Youtube channel, A Jasmine Thing, do check it out and subscribe to my channel, I would really like to get 100 subs and change my URL to a customized link yay! I am also learning how to use the Sony Vegas Pro 15 editor, so it's not top tier quality so give me some time to learn to make interesting and fun videos. So that's what's happening in 2019!
And, very exciting, I am going to start really really working soon, right now I'm considering my options. Once it is set and I started working I will update you guys about it. But right now, what I wanted to do is to do a recap on my 2018. Plenty are doing it on Instagram and Facebook, while I have way too much to say so a blog post it is then! :D
1. SPCA and Doggos
I interned there by choice on January to February and ended up working there for a month too after I came back from Sandakan, Sabah. So it was the starting of the year when I met Mon Pew and Max (my babies) and had my heart (and many others) stolen.
And, very exciting, I am going to start really really working soon, right now I'm considering my options. Once it is set and I started working I will update you guys about it. But right now, what I wanted to do is to do a recap on my 2018. Plenty are doing it on Instagram and Facebook, while I have way too much to say so a blog post it is then! :D
1. SPCA and Doggos
I interned there by choice on January to February and ended up working there for a month too after I came back from Sandakan, Sabah. So it was the starting of the year when I met Mon Pew and Max (my babies) and had my heart (and many others) stolen.
Mon pew is the confident, friendly boy while Max is the pampered, skittish, manja boy.
Emma always chop her lipstick marks on dogs and renew them every morning.
Johnson is a quiet, confident, dominant, tough boy. But even tough boy wants love and hanging out just sitting around.
Aramis is a happy, handsome boy. He snuggle up to your hand hoping to get a good scratch behind the ear. I'm glad that he got adopted shortly after my internship.
Goldielocks is the sweetest and most wonderful representative of the golden retriever family! Great on walks, smiles and thinks everyone is friend (even when the wild pack was ready to attack us the other day)
Rocky is a purebreed Rottie and boy he is a handful. His head was as big as a football and don't get me started on his big set of jaws. He's not aggressive, he is just really playful and he does not know how big he is (or he does and he doesn't care).
And this is how I usually spend my afternoon free time, chilling with Max Max and napping together.
2. Final Semester
So there was thesis writing, rushing for assignments and endless presentations. So having friends who likes to take photos everytime we aren't wearing our pajamas to class, so there you have the photos below.
Tat Wei - the queen of selfie
Wan Teng - the queen of drama
To be honest, I took photos because I bought this new pair of heels for presentation purposes and are absolutely killing it!
So I think this is one last photo that all of the Chinese girls are in the photo, and you can see the dopest is still me.
Our last fieldwork together. Then we will proceed to never talking to each other ever again.
This was a 3 month old baby elephant, which I later found out that a Pygmy elephant of 3 years old has almost the same size as this 3 month old Asian elephant
Bae looking cute
3. Buddhist Society Stage Play
It was my final year so I thought why not join a stage play? I have the time to spare, and I have always feel like I suck in acting. I went for the audition and ended up with the main female role. Jing Ping was kinda like me in a way, happy go lucky and positive, she is supportive of the main character. When I watch the performance, I cringe so badly that I couldn't even sit through the first 5 minutes. But I did enjoy the process. It is still uncomfortable, but thankfully I got used to people watching me do weird things and not caring when I started doing those Youtube videos. And thankfully I was working with a really good actor, so when the both of us forgot our lines, we naturally cover for each other. They said they couldn't tell that we forgot our lines, so I guess that's good right?
Stage play is so different, I still suck in stage placement.
My leg is so not ladylike.
I was supposed to be a ghost of his memory.
So glad to work with these two juniors, Joey and Clara. They encourage me lots, especially during my withdrawal from the stage play and the character.
Everyone was so happy that the play was over, while I felt... conflicted. I felt that I will never had that attention anymore, not as Jing Ping nor as the person on stage.
Everyone looked so fair with the stage make up
Celebration dinner at a place so dark that nobody can see our own face in the photo.
When we went to mamak after UM Buddhist Society's event
Ice cream break with the gang
And finally, thank you to Tat Wei and Cheryl. Everyone else had tons of supporter that came to watch them perform, while I only had Cheryl and Tat Wei. But, I don't complain, my family came to watch my play. And the other audiences told me that they really liked my performance, so all is well!
3. Friends Gatherings
With the form 6 librarians. I'm grateful for those who took the time to organize such outings.
Small gathering with Angeline, Sy Ying and Xiao Yan (Though she went back before we remember to take a photo)
Mamak session with Cheras gang who never fails to be 2 hours late from the agreed time, except for Kean Jhun, he is basically Sheldon, he won't even take -ish as an answer.
4. Sandakan, Sabah
Easily the best time of my life. I met people that I will cherish for a lifetime, I learn about forest, bears, various wildlife that I never thought would touch me at a personal level. I showed my parents around and I think they have come to terms that there will always be some nature element whenever there is holiday. I learn how precious real inclusion and acceptance is in Sabahan. I love their accent. I just wish more of us have went there and see just how precious people and nature are, and be proud that they are part of Malaysia.
First time going far away for so long and by myself in the plane.
We take cool photos
And one of us is 40 year old ex military soldier
Beautiful seaside of Sandakan
Blend in, I'm a crab
Any group photos with me in it is extra
Wawa the bear stuck on a hotwired tree that she was not supposed to be climbing!
I swear, he is posing for photos, and is doing a hell of a good job
There's a lot of rare hornbills at Kinabatangan.
Orang Utan is cute, until they started chasing you.
Me enjoying my uniform as if I am a pro in nature stuff
Crashed a Dusun wedding of an ex staff that I didn't know, but okay! :D
Then crashed the second wedding of another person whom I just met that morning.
This was my farewell dinner. Love this whole team.
Sienna from USA, love how cool she is and her humour is always on point.
My favourite photo because that group of volunteers were the best company while I was there
Told you I'm extra
And Thye Lim always make the funniest joke. While Brandon is being cute.
The three idiots.
Working hard is sexy
While watching others work is troll
And I love working there because everything is natural resources.
Making a present for the bears!
So proud of the bed that I made
We take after Malay wedding traditions
Yu Qi was the most excitable, fun loving girl ever.
And my lecturer came for evaluation, yes I am aware it's not just all play.
Boat trip to the great Kinabatangan river. Do support local ecotourism!
Brought mummy, daddy and my sister for jungle walk.
Mummy was not impressed by the view I purposely brought her to see.
I am fabulous.
5. Graduation
So finally, I graduated. The last of my family, my dad can finally stop funding his children's education. Good job daddy and mummy for raising me. I graduated with first class and I am still bitter that I am not in any way the student everyone goes, sigh, I wish I could be like her. I am greedy for recognition and admiration.
Taken at Astaka Morocco, Putrajaya
"Guys, you gotta show your legs! Oh sorry, lol why you wear long pants?!"
I like being a model, please, any photographer wants to build portfolio?
Let's huddle together like those bridesmaid photos and laugh!
I like the smile on their faces. :')
And thankfully my sisters are always supportive of me! Happy to be the baby at home!
Lastly just some miscellaneous events that happened this year worth taking a photo.
I joined a beauty pageant (and was eliminated instantly)
I voted for the first time
I travelled
The first dog I "trained", named Hello
I went to batu caves and I'm not scared of monkeys anymore
I venture into selling rose mask for a bit and never earn anything
Max don't remember me anymore when I came back from Sabah
Last but not least, he is not miscellaneous, but I just want to keep the best for the last. I think after all these years, I think it's time to tell everyone. This is my boyfriend, Min Yao. We have been together for nearly 3 years now. For today is a special day, I want to say that I am grateful to have him with me through ups and downs.























Comments