I am Semi-Fired, but I am Happy

I haven't said much about my new workplace and it's problems since I started working last November. Working here isn't new, so all of the problems were anticipated. Boy was everything that happened juicy. Who knows, I could probably write them into a book and sell it to Netflix, it would be so interesting. Perhaps that should be something I can work on while I have more time on my hands now. 

So basically they are facing a lost of quite a big sum every month. But we also know that it wasn't a desperately pressing issue, their funds are big, they just refuse to make a lost (irony enough for an NGO to be thinking about building their funds all the time). We have basically a non functioning fundraising and marketing team that has brought in nothing to help with the lost. But for them the best course of action is somehow to cut people from the non profiting part of the shelter work AKA the caretaker side instead of putting the pressure on the team that is supposed to be bringing in the funds that has failed thus far. So I was also on the chopping block. They had cut down my days from 4 days a week to 2 days a week. 

But I am happy being cut. I am so exhausted ever since Erica left the country for her Visa run. I am working on projects when I am not at work. My job is so unappreciated by the committee, so why I even want to convince them otherwise. I let them be right. I don't need to be there. Whatever happens, happens. When my GM asked me to go in with all my other part timers colleagues, I was still half joking about asking them to fire me. So honestly when they told me I don't need to work 4 days anymore, I was so happy. I was even happy to work on the projects at home as volunteer now. I desperately needed sleep and balance and time for myself and my thoughts. So it's a weird reaction to have to being near-fired. 

Comments

Popular Posts