Update on Life Progress
Deducting my last post which was pretty much a manic post on the discovery I've made during my journalling that I was very excited to have an outlet to share my discovery, I haven't been journalling much about my life. At least, I intent to make more updates.
We have completed yet another Potong Royong last December. New record this time was (un)fortunately due to my mistake of accepting and promising too many walk ins for the cat slots. One of the days was rather unbearable for everyone. I felt so sorry for the Dr working in recovery (as they will be the last to finish up) when she asked in despair "When is this ending?" Sorry Dr Michelle! But I guess we won't know how much we can actually do if we kept counting and limiting isn't it? But never again, I don't believe in achieving peak productivity whilst killing all your production line.
It was pretty eventful too. We had Cheryl Lee, 8TV host came over with her own production team to make a Youtube video about our work. They were really useful too (compared to some volunteers who needed constant guidance and monitoring). They did a very nice video covering what we are doing too. We have always wanted to do a video but never really had the resourcecs to do it.
The launch was extra fancy this time too as Shah Alam majlis was in charge and needed to do to impress the queen. I felt important too when they started calling me to liaise with the project instead of contacting Kelvin. Kelvin was happy that it's finally slowly offloading to me.
Me, of course was extra angsty the entire time because my station needed to open the earliest and I always need to deal with very extra rescuers are either overly enthusiastic but doesn't really have good organisational skill or very complainy and pushy rescuers. Either puts me in a good mood. But we do have a team of very competent rescuers who were so helpful in helping me to organise the clients and set up whatever ad hoc structures and also to fulfil the sertu process.
Kelvin and I also officially got together during this Potong Royong, so yay!
I was so demotivated during January with nothing really pressing me to be productive. I ended up not completing my annual report that I really insisted on doing. Still work in progress! But I had an appraisal with my boss. I did tell her that I wish to learn more on surgery assistant and more clinical knowledge. She encouraged me to join the vet nurse association and is happy to include me into her clinic operation. I also did let her know of my intention to try and apply for UPM Vet school this year. I have no idea how it's going to go, she is also aware that she will need to find someone to replace me. I just hope that it's going to happen.
I was so demotivated during January with nothing really pressing me to be productive. I ended up not completing my annual report that I really insisted on doing. Still work in progress! But I had an appraisal with my boss. I did tell her that I wish to learn more on surgery assistant and more clinical knowledge. She encouraged me to join the vet nurse association and is happy to include me into her clinic operation. I also did let her know of my intention to try and apply for UPM Vet school this year. I have no idea how it's going to go, she is also aware that she will need to find someone to replace me. I just hope that it's going to happen.
All and all, learning bit by bit every day! Happy Chinese New Year!
Comments