Last month of 2013
Hey guys! It's been long since I have updated this blog. It's now raining in the middle of the night, it feels so comfortable. So as how the year is coming to an end, most of the things that I'm suppose to do this year has been done. My exam is done, as well as my MUET. Last few days we have been in school for dissection and preservation of insects. My mom and I went to the park a day before it to catch dragonfly for the preservation project. And curse the weather on that day, it practically rained from 8 in the morning until it's almost 2am the next day. So we had to go in the rain, jumped like nobody's business to catch the dragonfly. Unfortunately we still couldn't catch any. Luckily we met my classmates there and she is a hell of a dragonfly catcher. So she caught two dragonfly for me.
Preserving it however was not fun, it was traumatizing in fact. We were suppose to kill it with ether alcohol (or something like that, I've forgotten the name of the substance), and I thought I have already killed then, then after I have pinned it and preparing to put it into the oven, they start to move again and struggled. The dragonfly turned its neck, while I already pinned it down! Omg, it is so traumatizing, for both me and the insect. Why do we have to do this project?
I prefer dissection. Although I was quite disappointed when I find that we weren't going to use fresh rats, but I won't ask for more life to be taken away. It was not a pleasant sight to see a sink full of dead, slightly mummified rats. But once the first slit has been cut, somehow it felt as if I wasn't handling something that used to be alive. I don't fancy myself feeling that. I love life, and it is the main reason I want to be a vet, to make happy living animals feel healthy and alive. However I still treated my rat with respect. I try to make it as neat as possible and try to learn as much as I can from this single body that its life has been taken away 'in the name of science'. I've never like that phrase.
Other than that, since the exam has finished, everything seems to be a little too boring. I have to say I am a people person. Being on a holiday means to cut of most of my social with my friends. Even with social medias now, it is still very much different than to sit and talk face to face with people. Should I go out? Yet, going out means money out and troublesome for my parents because although I am capable of driving, but I still need them to fetch me to somewhere.
The year is ending. 6 months of my age 18 has past. Have I grown in this year? Is this a good year? However I prefer last year. Everything was familiar, happy and carefree. This year has been full of changes. Changing of school. Changing of syllabus. Changing of uniform. Changing of environment. Changing of living pattern. Changing of friends. Personally I mostly don't like changes, but it's a part of life. I shall review the year in my next post. Until then, good bye! Merry Christmas.
Comments