Time flies when you do things

It's July already, which means that my work here in MBS is ending soon. In fact, there's only 12 more working days left. I would have to look for some temporary jobs on August. Time flies, of course when you have things to do. My 20th birthday passed two weeks ago. It is when you need to step into adulthood when the pressure to make a decision starts to weigh. Getting into university, working and earning money, managing life, learning, knowing who is your friend, thinking about the future and the responsibilities, all of it suddenly became so real, in comparison to the days when you are under the safety of school, honestly all you have to worry about is school and probably complain a little about having no freedom to do what you like.

You start to realize that life just begun and you have so much more to learn. The paradigm shift makes you realize that you have to act differently now, you need to learn different communication skill, you have to be more flexible but at the same time, someone with principle. You need to learn to handle things in the best way, be more careful with people's feelings, unlike when you're teenage, you'll just scream YOLO and offend people that you don't like. You will learn that how you choose to handle a situation shows more about you than not people.

Working here, I've learn a lot of soft skill. I observe a lot, see behavior of people, teenagers and adults. I'm the youngest in the office, so obviously my mentality is closer to the students than of the teachers. I understand why student do certain things and why teachers do certain things. Sometimes I realized that I'm handling things wrongly too, such as correcting a bullying behavior, so I turn to articles online of how to handle with things. It was insightful, it would benefit me not only in this job but also as a person. It's all common sense. Sometimes we just think of kids as kids that we forgot to apply our common sense because we think that they're different from us.

I still feel that I'm in a protected world since I'm working in MBS. I've always wanted freedom to explore and to discover, but now I realized that, at the opportunity, it is scary to venture into a world that you've always been kept away from.

Comments

Popular Posts