To the bosses that I left

To my ex bosses and managers who humiliate me as a form punishment.

I forgive you. I trusted you to be an adult that would be kind and fair and guide me to be an adult. A young person who thought of nothing but the best of you. I was too innocent to know that adults don't know everything, or always going to do the right thing or be fair. You, too, are a human with flaws. You couldn't accept your own flaws, thus you reacted just as poorly to mine. I spent years thinking what I did was so wrong, questioning myself, shaming myself to put my trust in you. I spent so many months in therapy, money, my self esteem, opportunities that I missed, good people that I'd push away because I was too scared of trusting people.

Today, I am going to accept myself even if you didn't. I don't need to put up a front to protect myself anymore. I forgive you because you, too, are just trying to adult the best way that you could thought of. Given the chance to go back to those time, I could still choose to trust again. Because my trust was precious, it was my strength, it was an innocent child who that thought the best of you. I've grown to accept myself as a flawed human being, thus I will accept your flaws too. And I have decided to trust again, not because I've learnt to retaliate, but I know it's worth it to be the person who sees the best of people and myself. I have become the adult that I want to be even if you couldn't be.

Comments

Popular Posts